Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Man....What a party!











What a party!!!!!!!!

Kooper is 1!!!! We made it through the first year. There were definitely times when I wasn't sure that we would. We had a small family party with my side of the family and we'll be getting together with Jason's parents within a week or so. Shhhh....don't tell Kooper that neither party were on his birthday! It's funny how so many things change in 12 years. When Karina was little, there would have been no way that I would have even attempted anything more than just a simple cake box cake. Now, when Kooper comes along and I have more experience in the kitchen and just more experience in general, I attempt a much harder cake. It was so much fun though and really not too hard. I threatened my brother that he better not make fun of my cakes though! I made car cakes. I made Kooper his very own and then there were two for the adults and older kids. So, with no further hesitation, here they are!







Okay, I hear all of the ooooh's and aaaahhh's! Thank you! Well, they could have turned out a little better but overall I think for a first attempt, they were pretty good. Kooper really enjoyed the icing. That is about all he really ate. Of course, in typical fashion for our household, he then started breaking out all over his face. A quick run down the street and Renee saved me with some liquid Benadryl. I have not had to use this with him until now but we figured it was better to be safe than sorry. Kooper got neat toys for his birthday. Uncle Nathan, Auntie April, Abigail and Andrew gave him a cool train that has a handle on it and the neatest storage place in the back. Kooper has been holding the handle and crawling around with it ever since he got it. They also got him some much needed socks! Yeah!! Meme got Kooper a neat educational bus that has songs and all the alphabet with the different sounds they make. That will be really nice in a few months. Right now, Kooper really likes hitting the buttons and then bouncing up and down to "dance" to the music. Meme also got him a nice CD for the car so hopefully I can make him stop screaming when he gets tired! Karina got him a neat firetruck toy. Kooper really enjoyed crawling around with that yesterday and smacking it to make it go across the room. Daddy and I got him a car that has a buckle and places for his feet to go with a long handle so we can take him on a walk and Kooper can feel like he's not "kooped" up!





Thank you all for your presents and your presence! Have a wonderful week and we'll see you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Kooper is almost two now! Where's the updated pictures??